Privacy laws (such as the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) mean that entities that collect personal information must explain how they handle the personal information of individuals.
This document explains the approach adopted by Vieple and our clients to the collection and handling of your personal information.
Vieple and your Privacy
Be aware this service has been established and is maintained by Vieple under an agreement with our clients. The agreement requires Vieple to facilitate applications for and enquiries about positions with our clients through this website. This means Vieple collects your personal information through this website and passes that information on to the client or any relevant entity within the client. The client or the relevant entity within the client will then use that information to consider your suitability for positions within the relevant client entity. Vieple will retain your information only as a contractor for our client and any requests for access should be passed on to the client (as below).
Your personal information and privacy
The privacy of your personal information is important to our clients, their subsidiaries and us.
This statement is intended to be provided to all applicants for an employment or contract position referees and current employees and contractors ("respondents"), throughout our clients.
Collecting your personal information
The purposes for which we collect your personal information will depend on whether you are an applicant, a user, a referee, a current employee or a contractor.
If you are either an applicant or referee for an applicant, the client organisation will collect your personal information for the purposes of receiving and assessing the applicant’s application for an employment or contractor position.
If you are accessing the services as a practice applicant, the client organisation will collect your personal information for the purposes of practicing video interviewing only.
If you are an employee, user or a contractor of our client organisation, we will collect your personal information for the purposes of:
- Providing you the services
If our client organisation does not obtain the personal information it seeks:
- if you are an Applicant or referee, the client organisation may not be able to process the application;
- if you are an employee or a contractor of a client organisation, it may not be able to manage or administer your provision of the services;
Using and disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to the organisations described below . Where your personal information is disclosed we will seek to ensure that the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with:
- the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act;
- any relevant Health Privacy Principles under state legislation (for example, those contained in the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic), the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (NSW) or the privacy provisions contained in Part 2 of the Health Records (Privacy and Access) Act 1997 (ACT)); and
- other applicable privacy laws and codes.
The relevant organisations are those:
- involved in managing, validating or administering your application, employment or engagement where you have authorised us to do so,;
- involved in your employment or engagement such as employment agencies, university counsellors and assessment agencies where you have authorised us to do so;
- which are your representatives including your legal advisers;
- as required or authorised by law, for example, to government or regulatory bodies for purposes related to public health or safety, the prevention or detection of unlawful activities or to protect public revenue; and
- where you have given your consent.
Your personal information may also be used in connection with such purposes.
Your personal information will be stored at a secure data centre in New South Wales, Australia.
Except as provided above, we will not transfer, disclose or otherwise provide any of your Personal Information to any third party. In no circumstances will we transfer, disclose or otherwise provide any personal information relating to you to a recipient located outside New South Wales, Australia, unless this relates to an employment application where the employer is located outside New South Wales, Australia, and you have expressly consented to the disclosure, transfer or provision of your Personal Information in this situation.
We protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information and we have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to do so.
We have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
· Unauthorized access
· Improper use or disclosure
· Unauthorised modification
· Unlawful destruction or accidental loss
All our employees and data processors, who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal data, are required to respect the confidentiality of our visitors' personal data.
We ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to State institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
To obtain more information about how we manage your personal information please email firstname.lastname@example.org